The Directorate of Students Affairs establishes a liaison between the University administration and the students. It is an important component of university, offers a platform for curricular and co-curricular activities to explore, enlighten and polish the hidden capabilities of the students so that they can enjoy pleasant environment and deliver a series of programs to enrich the campus life. It is committed to enable all students to participate in healthy and active learning environment during their time at University of Narowal. There are many great ways to get involved on or off-campus by attending programs, joining a society or club, volunteering, taking on a leadership role or working on campus. The whole team of Directorate of Students Affairs helps students navigate and reflect upon challenges and transitions, and empower them to become architects of their own learning and development. The primary purpose of the Directorate is to facilitate students in every possible way under one umbrella and to help students develop balanced personalities; to instill moral values, integrity, civic sense and tolerance leading to a broader vision of life. The fundamental mission of Directorate of Student Affairs, however, is to ensure that students are safe, cared for, well treated and satisfied with their higher education. The Students Affairs staff works with students in a holistic manner, providing guidance and support to students in achieving their educational goals and in their personal development to assume the responsibilities of maturely educated persons. The Students Affairs office play an active role in encouraging students to report their problems regarding university affairs and in striving to resolve these problems through the concerned departments. The students can visit the office in person or send a written complaint through e-mail or ordinary mail.
The mission of the Directorate of Student Affairs is
- To provide an atmosphere of unity within the student body so that they are able to have a good university experience and earn the respect of both the student community and the society at large.
- To support the university to promote the physical, intellectual, cultural and spiritual wellbeing of the students through relevant & sustainable programs.
- To inculcate new knowledge for human development and social transformation.
- To engage the student body in activities which address their universal needs.
- To create an environment of open discussion, inquiry and self-expression to ensure the personal freedom and general welfare of the students.
- To promote a healthy and positive mindset among students so that together we can make our university the best place to direct youth, to make them not only the best citizens but the best future leaders as well.
The vision of the Directorate of Students Affairs resonates with the vision of UON which is to provide students with state of the art facilities and quality education which will enable them to be responsible, tolerant, peaceful and empowered leaders.
Societies and Clubs working under DSA
- UON Arts Society
- UON Debating Society
- UON Music Society
- UON Quiz Society
- UON Spiritual Society
- UON Green Society
- Reader’s club
- The Organizer Club
All departments of University of Narowal arranged an orientation session from 29th October – 4th November, 2020. The purpose of the orientation session was to welcome freshmen at UON, introduce academic and non-academic life at UON and inform the Newcomers about all the relevant information for their upcoming experiences i.e.
- Academic advising,
- Financial Assistance,
- Entrepreneurship and Sports etc.
1st Aalmi Mushaira “Bayad-e-Ghalib”
Directorate of Students Affairs organized online 1st Aalmi Mushaira Bayad-e-Ghalib on 22nd December,2020 in the commemoration of Mirza Asad Ullah Khan Ghalib who was born on 27th December 1797. The main purpose of this program was to pay tribute to him. The mushaira was graced by the presence of the Worthy Vice Chancellor, University of Narowal, Prof. Dr. Tariq Mahmood. The Guest of Honor was Mr. Iftikhar Arif.
Guests participated in this seminar were:
- Baber Zaidi (Pakistan)
- Asad Zaidi (Pakistan)
- Abid Raza (America)
- Roma Rizvi (Pakistan)
- Yasir Iqbal (Pakistan)
- Muhammad Mawaz (Pakistan)
- Neelam Malik (Pakistan)
- Afzal Khan (Pakistan)
- Seema Naqvi (Toronto)
- Imran Naqvi (Pakistan)
- Rizwan Ali (Virginia)
- Shaheen Kazmi (Switzerland)
Assistant Director Students Affairs said the vote of thanks to the honorable guests at the end of Mushaira.
Seerat-un- Nabi (P.B.U.H) Conference
In the celebration of Hafta Shan-e- Rehmatul-lil-Alameen, University of Narowal in collaboration with Higher Education Department and Government of Punjab organized Seerat-un-Nabi (P.B.U.H) Conference on 13th November,2020. In which faculty, administrative staff and students wholeheartedly participated. The noteworthy faculty includes Mr. Taufiq Ahmad, Mr. Mohsin Hafeez, Dr. Ahmad Raza and the Directorate of Students Affairs.
Celebration of Hafta Shan-e-Rehmatul-lil-Alameen
In order to project the Love and Respect of the Muslims for the Holy Prophet Hazrat Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him), to send a strong message to the world at large as to how the Muslims place the Holy Prophet (PBUH) at the highest pedestal in terms of honor, dignity and prestige Higher Education Department announced Hafta Shan-e-Rehmatul-lil-Alameen from 9th to 15th November,2020. Under the supervision of the Directorate of Student Affairs students from different departments of University of Narowal went to University of Gujrat on 11th November,2020 to take part in Qirat, Naat and Speech contest at Divisional Level. Muhammad Jamil Akhtar from Department of Botany got second position in Naat Contest and Muhammad Azeem Majazi from Department of Chemistry third position in Speech contest.
Tribute and Commemorate the Poet of the East
Department of Mass Communication and Media, UON, organized a seminar “Pyam-e-Iqbal” to pay tribute and commemorate the Poet of the East on 10th November,2020. The seminar was attended by faculty, administrative staff and students from all departments of UON. Coordinator Department of Mass Communication and Media,
Dr. Muhammad Haseeb Sarwer extended the vote of thanks at the end of the seminar.
1st Folk Story Hunting Competition 2021
Directorate of Students Affairs, University of Narowal, is announcing its 1st Folk Story Hunting Competition 2021
Pakistan like many other societies in the world is an oral society. Folk stories are the part and parcel of oral tradition. Folk stories are transferred from generations to generations by word of mouth. They are the macro parts of any literature in the world as they exhibit people’s education, entertainment and other values. They also manifest cultural values and pride along with respect and regard to their perspective cultures and traditions. Province Punjab is rich in folk stories with its cultural elements. The main purpose of this competition is to encourage students to develop stronger reading, writing and creative skills, study and write about their own culture, model character traits through their writing and discover a love of story.
The winning entries will be displayed on the official website of University of Narowal
Just enter your details and your submission will be taken right away!
Terms & Conditions
Before entering the competition please read these rules carefully:
- All entries must never have been published, self-published, published on any website, blog or online forum, broadcast, nor have won or placed (as 2nd, 3rd, runner up etc.) in any other competition.
- Only one submission per person will be accepted.
- Submissions can be written on any subject or theme.
- The competition is open for all students of University of Narowal.
- The title is not included in the word count.
- The filename of entries must be the author followed by the title of the story. It must be either a .doc, .docx, pdf or .txt file.
- Entries must be labelled clearly with your name, address and email address on the front page.
- Entries should be typed in a standard font (Times New Roman suggested), 12pt font and left justified. For Urdu Jameel Noori Nastaliq.
- Contestant must submit their scanned copy of CNIC
- Incomplete entries will be rejected. You will only be given a single chance. So, use it wisely and confirm every detail before submission.
The judgment criteria will base on:
|· Uniqueness of ideas/ Originality||3 points|
|· Clarity of subject||2 points|
|· Content / Interpretation||3 points|
|· Technical relevancy||3 points|
|· Language||4 points|
|Total : 15 points|
The Students Affairs Office is located on 1st Floor, Hajvery Block, University of Narowal.
1. Mr. Syed Baber Ali Zaidi
Assistant Director Students Affairs
2. Ms. Aqsa Malik
Assistant Director Students Affairs