STUDENTS FINANCIAL AID OFFICE (SFAO)
Pakistan has no shortage of talented youth, but in several instances, lack of resources prevents them from realizing their potentials. This becomes more problematic when it comes to accessing higher education. The University of Narowal acknowledges these constraints and has tasked Students Financial Aid Office (SFAO) to facilitate the needy and deserving students through Need and Merit Based Scholarships. Therefore, there are number of scholarships for financially disadvantaged students of the university to carry out their studies smoothly. All type of scholarships aim to elevate the socio-economic status of the students and to enable them to get the modern education and avail career opportunities for their brighter future. To accomplish the mentioned purpose, the University of Narowal established the Students Financial Aid Office (SFAO) in 2019, in collaboration with the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan, Islamabad to provide financial help to the eligible students of the University and to award them scholarships under various scholarship programs. Mr. Awais Ahmad, Deputy Director of Students Financial Aid Office deals all the scholarship related matters of the students.
The Students Financial Aid Office is primarily responsible for providing all information, services, and assembling financial resources that are available to needy students who are studying in University of Narowal in their respective undergraduate or graduate degree programs. Notably, Financial Aid resources are those that are provided by governmental (PEEF, EHSAAS, Pakistan Bait-ul-Mal, Punjab Bait-ul-Mal, MORA Scholarships etc) and private agencies or organizations (Diya Pakistan Scholarship, Alfalah Scholarship etc)
The Students Financial Aid Office (SFAO) is an integral part of carrying out and actualizing University of Narowal’s vision of providing quality education to all students without any discrimination. The fundamental purpose of the Financial Aid Office is to ensure education of those students who might otherwise be deprived of getting higher education due to their inadequate financial resources necessary for it.
- 1. Establish essential manuals and automated processes to support scholarship awardee students in a timely manner.
- 2. Award financial assistance to eligible students, according to institutional and Governmental defined requirements and with a focus on individual student needs.
- 3. Establish regular communication flow among the SFAO and the students and parents.
- 4. Orientation sessions are conducted regularly to guide the students about different available scholarships in the university and how to apply for them.
- 5. Provide individual student/parent assistance in completing scholarship application forms and other necessary required documents and managing personal resources as they are needed to augment financial assistance in covering educational expenses.
Scholarships available in UON
- 1. Benazir Undergraduate Scholarship Program (BUSP)
- 2. Ministry of Religious Affairs and Inter-Faith Harmony (MORA)
- 3. Pakistan, Bait-ul-Maal
- 4. Punjab, Bait-ul-Maal
- 5. Punjab Educational Endowment Fund (PEEF)
- 6. Diya Pakistan Scholarship
- 7. Alfalah Scholarship
- 8. Department of Minorities & Human Rights, Govt. of Punjab
- 9. Rehmatul Lil Alameen Scholarship
- 10. Interest free loan Scheme National bank of Pakistan
Procedure to Avail Scholarships
Submission of application
Verification of documents
- 1. Financial aid office (FAO) was established in 2019 by the worthy Vice Chancellor of UON with a mission of assisting students from low income families who are unable to finance the expense of their education. Since then, FAO started its operations from the bottom up and quickly ascended. So far, over 1000 students are receiving various types of scholarships, accounting for one-third of all students at the University of Narowal. To add It further, FAO has already awarded more than one hundred and fifty million rupees (150000000) scholarships to these students during last two and half year. Financial aid office is dedicated to ensure that all meritorious students have access to any available assistance they require to continue their higher education without interruption.
- 2. Two the then EHSAAS Scholarship (now Benazir Undergraduate Scholarship Program ) awardee female students’ story was chosen as success stories by HEC to corroborate the fact that how this scholarship is helping the needy talented students to complete their education.
- 3. District Narowal is a far-flung boarder area and almost 72 % students are female among total students availing Benazir Undergraduate Scholarship Program.
- 4. Last but not the least, more than 200 students are also availing PEEF Scholarship.
- 5. FAO has prepared detailed tutorials which are available on ‘YouTube’ on the applying process of all available scholarships in the university to facilitate the students in this regard.
Key roles of the IT services department are:
Working on advancing the vision and mission of the university via innovative explorations, sound guidance, and open collaborations for digital excellence.
Deliver cutting-edge reliable and secure technology infrastructure, applications, and services for existing and changing requirements. Provide accurate and timely data for strategic and operational insights.